Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Disconnect to Reconnect

As many voices rang loudly in my mind, there was only one that I know to be true.

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. (John 10:27)

In the past, I would pray and pray for His voice to be known to me. I wanted to know which voice is of the Father and which are from the enemy who constantly tells me lies. My faith was put to the test recently which prompted me to disconnect from social media so that I may dig deeper in His word and to just commune with God. I contacted different people to stand by me in prayer to make sure that I am not alone in this and so that there will be witnesses to what I was testifying.

I was taught so much! God gave me revelation after revelation of the things that have happened to me. I spent time with family without having to look at my phone a lot of the time. It was nice to just talk and listen to people because the focus on myself was removed. Honestly, I have to keep reminding myself that the world does not revolve around me. I have to keep telling myself day in and day out that there is a supernatural God at work in my heart as well as in the heart of others. His Spirit is ever present in a world that can make you feel so alone sometimes. He gives me this unspeakable joy that I cannot explain. God has this sense of humor because indeed there are no accidents. I was so amazed by God and my life that He had me review and to just look back, reflect on what I missed when I was so focused on situations and problems I was facing. I lived in fear and would regret on things I should have done.

There needs to be more disconnection from the social media life in order to reconnect with God. It's necessary in order to demolish a mindset that I've put up for myself. I held on to my faith more tightly as I had to let go of how people saw me and comparing myself to others. God gave me assurance through His word that I am loved, I am valued and He has a home in my heart. His Spirit lives in me wherever I go.

He put it in my heart that I will be back in the Philippines one day and I'm not sure what for but I have to go back in faith. I didn't realize that there are many people back home that actually cared and see what I'm up to... God told me to "review your last 4 years and tell me that you won't be back." I made my own plans but His will shall prevail. I am no longer afraid because I stand in the conviction that is His word that is TRUE & ALIVE. This last week seemed like a dream to be real. But I thank the Lord for His faithfulness that was demonstrated through my families and through the people He put in my life. I'm thankful for His grace that soaks me and cleanses me each and every day leaving me refreshed and renewed. What a joy it is to be loved and to love others!

"All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:25-27 NIV)