Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Let your life for Christ be more than just a status update.

My relationship with God should not be limited to posting a bible verse on twitter or facebook. I can do all those things to show how "Christian" I am but what about outside the social media?

I have so much quiet time but what am I doing with the majority of that free time? And when I do have my devotional with God, I get uplifted that I have to tweet about it. For once, I just want that time to be with just God and not with social media. Don't get me wrong, expressing your thoughts and opinions to the world is great if it's beneficial and positive. However, if the sharing is only on the internet and not even when you're around people, something isn't right. It is so easy to say whatever we want to say be it positive or negative because we are hiding behind a screen. It's liberating to get something that you've been keeping to yourself out there in the open and no one can see your face.

We like to bash on the haters for making the meanest, rudest comments to other people but look at the other side of the spectrum. Speaking a lot of good and inspiration to others... does it stop there? Posting uplifting quotes and bible verses doesn't make us any better than those who spread a lot of hate towards others.

I'm not saying all these things to condemn you but to really check yourself... ask yourself does your life reflect Jesus? Where is your heart? We can easily create an ideal image on the internet for everyone to see but sometimes, it isn't a reality. Sometimes it becomes a mask because what we post does not reveal who we really are. I believe, yes, there are rules as to what to post and what not to post (internet etiquette) but be true to yourself when you're around actual people. There is no need to share your entire life on the world wide web... that's why God has placed certain people in our lives. We can share our lives with those who are always there for you. Those who know who you really are.

I'm not in favor with posting my thoughts about God as much as possible because I want my life to actually reflect that. I don't want my twitter, instagram or facebook account to show that my life is for God. Even if it did, I would feel as if it's a lie. I'm still human and I fail like ten times a day and I'm not always jumping and praising God for His goodness and grace. I don't want to show off the works I am doing for my God. I can't project what my "ideal" life is like. I believe that's something we should do for ourselves. Every day we should read the bible and speak that to our lives instead of always sharing to everyone. Read the word, then actually live it out. Not tweeting about it. Not posting a new status about it. Because that isn't living it out at all. It's merely words without any action.

I don't know who even reads my blog (since I just made a new one) but I don't really share this blog on any other social network. This is for whoever comes across this post and would even care to read it.

This is more like a journal as of now although I haven't been very good at updating this as much as I should... oh well. It is what it is. I've been meaning to write this post on this specific topic for awhile for it has been on my heart.

Until next post!