Monday, September 1, 2014

first excerpt

I look beyond what is within my reach to see a vision of a dream that awaits for me. It is a dream that is many moons away that I can barely make out what it is exactly. I just know that it is there and that I must go after it somehow. But in the meantime, I am here not knowing what each day will bring for I am on a ship that never runs a smooth course. Around me, I see figures and bodies go forth in this monotonous routine that seems to never end. I think to myself, "there has to be more to life than this." Everything surrounding me is plain, black and white with no color in sight as if there is no hope for changing course. The path laid out before me is the way to go, I am told. It's what I should do. It's the right thing to do. But setting aside the voices and whispers, what does my Father say? What does my heart say? At this moment in time, I know well enough that the answers will not appear out of thin air with a snap of my fingers. Life never really works that way. However, there is one thing I am certain of and it's this: there is so much more to this life and with each passing day my dreams are getting bigger for my heart to bear. They will soon come to life in its proper time. And the thing is I am not entirely sure what those dreams are. I will surely find out once I take that bold step out of my bubble in this ocean of life. I put my trust in a God who desires me and loves me as I am but loves me too much for me to stay the same. It's frightening but it's well worth the journey.

I look beyond what is within my reach to see a life that was meant for me.