Wednesday, September 3, 2014

second excerpt

As far as the eye can see, an although seemingly frightening journey is an action-packed adventure worth taking and waiting to happen. Because if your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough, right? The longer they are deferred, the bigger, louder and scarier it becomes. With much excitement and anticipation, I tightly hold on to the grains of time in the hourglass that gradually sinks deeper. The tighter I grasp, the more easily time slips through my fingers. Allowing the minutes and hours to pass fleetingly, I take them for granted. Then at that moment, I look expectantly towards heaven and pray for direction that leads me to the heart of my dreams. For my soul longs for the day of fulfillment as well as joy in the Everlasting. I yearn for the love of a lifetime as I seek for the Love of eternity. As I wait, I stand patiently in silence and there I was with the answer. "Wait." These grains of sand is what I have as I am bounded by time. These lasting minutes and hours are not to be wasted but to make the most of them and live each day to the fullest. How precious and delicate each second, each grain that falls from the palms of your hands when kept open facing infinity. As the peace and assurance flow through me, I release my tight grasp and let it gradually fall deep below my feet. And in perfect time, I will no longer wait because my dreams will be reality.

I avert my eyes to a journey set before me going towards a destination. For I no longer wait to live out an adventure of a lifetime.